New Items in the RJ Online Database
Apr 24, 2010
New additions to the RJ Online research database over the last few weeks covered several issues related to youth justice, Indigenous groups,victim participation, re-entry, cultural competence and peacebuilding.
- Allard, Troy and Stewart, Anna and Chrzanowski, April and Ogilvie, James and Birks, Dan and Little, Simon (2010). Police diversion of young offenders and Indigenous over-representation. Trends and Issues in crime and justice. No. 390.
- Bouffard, Jeffrey A. and Richardson, Katie A. and Franklin, Travis (2010). Drug Courts for DWI Offenders?: The Effectiveness of Two Hybrid Drug Courts on DWI Offenders. Journal of Criminal Justice. 38(1):25-33.
- Braithwaite, John and Braithwaite, Valerie and Cookson, Michael and Dunn, Leah (2010). Anomie and violence:Non-truth and reconciliation in Indonesian peacebuilding. Canberra: ANU E Press.
- Choi, Jung Jin and Severson, Margaret M (2009). Toward a culturally competent restorative justice practice framework: a focus on Asian Americans. Families in Society: The Journal of Contemporary Social Services. 90(4):399-406.
- Christie, Nils (2010). Victim movements at a crossroad. Punishment & Society. 12(2):115-122.
- Elechi, O. Oko and Morris, Sherill V. C. and Schauer, Edward J (2010). Restoring Justice (Ubuntu): An African Perspective. International Criminal Justice Review. 20(1):73-85.
- Godwin, Tracy M and Steinhart, David J. and Fulton, Betsy A. (2009). Peer justice and youth empowerment: An implementation guide for teen court programs. U.S. Dept. of Justice. Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (Washington, DC)
- Hauerwas, Stanley and Vanier, Jean (2009). Living gently in a violent world. The prophetic witness of weakness. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.
- Jewkes, Yvonne (2007). Handbook on prisons. Cullumpton, Devon: Willan Publishing.
- Jung Jin Choi and Gilbert, Michael J. (2010). 'Joe everyday, people off the street': a qualitative study on mediators' roles and skills in victim-offender mediation. Contemporary Justice Review. 13(2):207-227.
- Kilty, Jennifer (2010). Gendering violence, remorse, and the role of restorative justice: deconstructing public perceptions of Kelly Ellard and Warren Glowatski Contemporary Justice Review. 13(2):155-172.
- Leonard, Dagny (2010). When offenders and victims sit down and talk. CQ Researcher 5 Mar. 2010: 206+
- New Zealand Ministry of Justice (2009). A focus on victims of crime: A review of victims' rights. Public consultation document. Wellington, New Zealand: Ministry of Justice
- State of Hawaii (2010). Senate Concurrent Resolution. Requesting the Department of Public Safety to facilitate the delivery of the Huikahi Restorative Circles Program in Haraii Correctional Facilities. Senate 25th Legislature, 2010.
- Tilley, Nick (2005). Handbook of crime prevention and community safety. Devon, UK: Willan Publishing.
- Worden, Scott (2008). The Justice Dilemma in Uganda. USIPeace Briefing. Washington, DC: United States Institute of Peace.
- Workman, Kim (2010). The case for restorative justice -- A change is gonna come. Presentation at the Taranaki Restorative Justice Conference, New Plymouth on Wednesday, 24th March. Added 22 March.
- Katongole, Emmanual and Rice, Chris (2008). Reconciling all things: A Christian vision for justice, peace, and healing. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.
- Kirkwood, Steve (2010). Restorative justice cases in Scotland: Factors related to participation, the restorative process, agreement rates and forms of reparation. European Journal of Criminology. 7(2):107-122.
- Mavec, Dante (2009). The appropriate place of Indigenous Sentencing Courts in the Australian criminal justice system. ANU College of Law Research Paper No. 09-02.
- Rezende Melo, Eduardo and Ednir, Madza and Curi Yazbek, Vania (2008). Justiça Restaurativa e Comunitária em São Caetano do Sul. Aprendendo com os conflitos a respeitar direitos e promover cidadania. São Paulo: Secretaria Especial dos Direitos Humanos da Presidência da República.
- Wright, Martin (2010). Towards a restorative society: A problem solving response to harm . London: Make Justice Work.