- Showing 2 posts filed under: Region: Europe [–], Police [–] published between Aug 01, 2011 and Aug 31, 2011 [Show all]
Restorative approaches can make a difference in the relationship between local government bodies and the communities they serve
....Since November 2007 over 9,000 people have been through the RJ process. Of those:
- 89% of participants were satisfied with the outcome
- 87% of participants feel RJ is effective in dealing with crime and ASB
- 93% of participants would recommend RJ
- 93% of participants are satisfied with their treatment
- 83% of participants are confident in the police and partners ability to deal with crime and ASB having been exposed to RJ
Call for restorative justice review
from the article on UTV News:
Schemes carried out by Community Restorative Justice Ireland need to be reviewed according to an independent report.
A Criminal Justice Inspection report has revealed only one case has been referred by the community restorative justice system to police in Northern Ireland since 2007.
....The 19-page report, found despite four recommendations being fully achieved and one partially achieved, several issues remain to be addressed.