Community Restorative Justice Bilingual Case Coordinator, Longmont Community Justice Partnership, Colorado, USA.
Longmont Community Justice Partnership (LCJP) is a busy Longmont non-profit organization whose mission is to cultivate a safe and caring community, reduce crime and bring together those involved in crime or conflict to be heard, creating justice for all. Focused on promoting restorative justice, LCJP operating values include relationship, respect, responsibility, repair and reintegration. LCJP is an equal opportunity employer. LCJP’s Community Restorative Justice (CRJ) Program is located in the Longmont Safety & Justice Center.
- Education: College degree (minimum) + Masters preferred
- Language: Bilingual Spanish/English required
- Experience: Appreciation of restorative principles; Ability to work and make decisions independently with minimal supervision; Well organized, detail oriented and have a strong work ethic; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse population including youth and adult volunteers, peers, supervisors, representatives of cooperating agencies, police officers, victims, offenders and the general public; Working knowledge of PC computers, and MS Office & ACCESS applications; Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner; Excellent written & verbal communication in English and Spanish; Capable of effectively speaking in front of groups; Community-minded and knowledgeable of Longmont and its youth-serving agencies is helpful.
- Commitment: Minimum two years
- Case work & coordination – 80%
- Building & cultivating community relationships – 10%
- Uphold restorative justice values & maintain program integrity – 10%
- Small non-profit organization
- Shared Office
- Computer and personal interaction with criminal justice system personnel, clients, family members and other professionals
- Some light lifting required