Parenting Program Facilitator & Circle Keeper, Community Works, San Francisco, CA, USA.
The One Family Program Facilitator and Family Transition Circles Keeper is responsible for facilitation in all aspects of the One Family Program, the parenting curriculum, parent/child contact visits, therapeutic support and restorative justice. This person works on the One Family team and is expected to support and participate in all team functions.
- Is candid and transparent
- Has the ability to look beyond clinical labels and social stigma to see clients for their character and not their behavior
- Is kind, caring, and respectful with all those they encounter
- Believes in healing past wounds in order to help find a place of inner peace
- Believes that families are better healed and together than broken and apart
- Facilitate and coordinate Restorative Justice components of One Family Program
- To meet individually with clients weekly to support them
- Facilitate parent/child contact visits
- Facilitate groups in-custody
- To create and write curriculum for clients
- To complete necessary paperwork and data tracking.
- Attend all staff meetings
- Ensure culturally appropriate services
- Uphold the mission and integrity of One Family
- Enhance the One Family’s capacity to meet ethical and professional standards
- Meet semi-regularly with Program Manager to ensure program integrity and cohesion
- Have experience in Restorative Justice
- At least a BA in social work or social justice
- Be experienced working with families impacted by incarceration, substance/alcohol abuse issues, and/or domestic violence
- Must have a positive attitude
- Experience in group facilitation
- Must be flexible and dedicated