Tutorial: Introduction to Restorative Justice
- Tutorial: Introduction to Restorative Justice
- Restorative justice theory and programs have emerged over the past 20 years as an increasingly influential world-wide alternative to criminal justice practice. This tutorial will provide you with an overview of the movement and of the issues that it raises.
- Lesson 1: Definition
- Restorative justice emphasizes repairing the harm caused by crime. When victims, offenders and community members meet to decide how to do that, the results can be transformational.
- Lesson 2: Benefits of Restorative Justice
- Lesson 3: Principles of Restorative Justice
- Lesson 4: Restorative Justice Processes
- A number of programs have become associated with restorative justice because of the processes they use to respond to and repair the harm caused by crime:
- Lesson 5: Programs: Potentially-Restorative Outcomes
- Lesson 6: Programmes: The Need for Evaluation
- Lesson 7: Socio-Legal Issues
- Lesson 8: Legal Issues
- Lesson 9: Systemic Issues